Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Elephants and Momos

This week we took a trip to Chitwan. It is a national park and one of the only places in the world with a elephant breeding center. There, although I hesitate to admit this, we rode elephants. It was such a fun experience and I got to explore the jungle on top of an elephants back. Above the tall grass and most importantly the swampy ground with creepy crawlers. Although I hesitated because of the consequences for the elephant (it takes a lot of abuse and breaking down to make an elephant easily rideable...) it was still very fun and a once in a lifetime experience. Rather than chat too much about my week this post will mostly be a visual experience. Enjoy!









A 21-day-old elephant.





My French friend, Anaelle :)


Before Chitwan, Crystal and I spent a day sightseeing. We went to Boudhnath and Swayambunath- two famous Buddhist stupas.




















And today we took a cooking class! We made Dal Bhat (lentil soup and rice) and momos.






Lentils!








Spinach and cheese and veggie.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment